Miami River Center
Located along the south bank of the Miami River, this highly complex property was originally designed and constructed in 1957 for use by the Miami News, and to accommodate large barges delivering bulk paper. It was operated as a news plant until the late 1960s. By the 1970s, the property was converted to an operations center by Southeast Bank. In the early 1990s, the property was converted to a public elementary school. Over one year had been spent analyzing different potential uses for the property and the potential users this property could attract, given the existing design of the improvements and the site at that time.